Friday 4 March 2011

Let me bring you up to speed.

OK, I'll be honest. I've not updated my blog for a while. So in the next few posts I'll bring you up to speed.

So where to start? Research of course! Well my starting point was simply to scour Sheffield City Center with my camera, searching for anything with a repeat in it. It quickly became apparent that architecture was not only flowing over with repeat forms and patterns, but that it linked incredibly well to the structural aspect of the paper forms we've been learning about in the work shops.

Below are some of the photographs from this day:












































































The rest of the photos from this day can be seen in my sketchbook.

I've realised that repeat shapes, forms and patterns are all around us. It's just about discovering new ways to look at things. With my focusnow on architecture I set out to find some influential buildings to use as inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment